Sunday 24 October 2010

Existing Soap TV Listings Magazine Front Cover

This image shows an existing Soap TV listings magazine, this will help me in my research on the conventions of a soap magazine to make my ancillary project look more authentic and professional. For example I can see a masthead with the name of the magazine on it, this is large and colourful in big bold writing. This shows me that this will be the main feature of a magazine front cover so that readers know what they are buying as there is alot of competition in this area of the market. Also on the front cover are numerous stories floating about the page which keeps the reader interested with so many storyliones to follow and therefore the customer is more likely to buy it which is overall the main target of the front cover. I can also see other features on the front cover such as a website, a barcode, the price of the magazine and the issue number. I will need to include all of these features on my ancillary project to make it as efficient as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment